These carnivore egg rolls are easy to make and will take you less than 10 minutes. They are nutritious and delicious and can be a convenient choice for either breakfast or lunch.
- Eggs are packed with many essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of high-quality protein, providing all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own.
- Eggs are an excellent source of essential vitamins such as vitamin B12, riboflavin (B2), pantothenic acid (B5), folate (B9), and vitamin A. They also contain many minerals, including iron, zinc, phosphorus, selenium, and iodine.
- Eggs are one of the best dietary sources of choline, a nutrient important for brain health. Choline is a crucial component of cell membranes and is involved in the production of neurotransmitters.
- Eggs contain antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, which are beneficial for eye health. These compounds may help reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Some eggs, especially those labeled as omega-3 enriched, contain higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are essential for heart health and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Given their broad nutrient density, high bioavailability, and versatility, eggs are an excellent source of nutrients for pregnant and breast-feeding mothers as well as growing children.
- 10 medium eggs
- 1½ cup grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your choice)
- ½ tsp salt
- Tallow or butter for frying
- Optional: 3 tsp finely chopped herbs (e.g. spring onion and fresh parsley) and 3 tbs fried bacon bits for added flavor.
Grate the cheese. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt and whisk them until well beaten. If you’re adding optional ingredients like herbs and bacon bits, have them ready too.
In a non-stick frying pan, melt 2 tbs butter or tallow over medium-low heat. Make sure the entire surface of the pan is coated.
Once the tallow/butter is melted and slightly bubbly, pour one third of the beaten eggs evenly into the pan.
Let the eggs cooked until the bottom layer begin to harden before sprinkling half cup of the grated cheese evenly over the eggs. Allow the eggs and cheese to set for a minute.
If you’re are on an animal-based diet or wants to add a bit more flavors, sprinkle one teaspoon chopped herbs and one tablespoon bacon bits over the eggs and cheese mixture.
Using a spatula, carefully lift one side of the egg and cheese mixture and fold it over the other half. Continue cooking the egg roll until the cheese is fully melted, and the eggs are set.
Slide the cheesy egg roll onto a plate. Slice it into portions if desired.
Repeat with the remaining egg batter and cheese.
These cheesy egg rolls are delicious on their own. Feel free to get creative with the recipe by adding your other favorite ingredients.
Other recipes that you may be interested in:
Disclaimer: The information in this post is for reference purposes only and is not intended to constitute or replace professional medical advice. Please consult a qualified medical professional before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle. Please check out our disclaimer for more detail.